Skip to main content

My Pinterest Nightmare..3 ways to avoid being me!

Pinterest has grown very fast. I love it and hate it at the same time.
Its an easy place to access and find things you love . I have about 96 boards, 6 secret boards, 5,207 pins, 4,742 likes .
That's where my nightmare begins.... all those likes. Just sitting there without a board to call their own.
4,738 likes ( as of this post) . How did it get so out of control? My likes are all over the place. From my new obsession with perler beads, crochet stuff, social media, holiday stuff, basically things I like. That little heart at the corner of each pin is hard not to click when I see something I like.
It wasn't always like this. If I liked something I would place it in the appropriate board! What happened? When did I get so lazy ?
Pinterest
I have this plan to never go down this road again.... You should follow these tips so you don't end up like me :)
1. Don't be a lazy head and just click everything that catches your eye. Boards are so easy to make. If you don't have a creative name for the board just call it board "A" for now and go back to it later. I have a Pinner friend who has 5 boards of food named food 1, food 2,food 3, ect.
2.  Use the secret boards if you don't want certain people to see the your pins. Looking for something for your SIL 's birthday? , don't think she will check your likes?  I bet she did. make a secret board just for those pins.  One of my secret boards is boudoir shots . I thought it would be a cute idea for my hubby to be. It will be something private between me and him so I don't want other people seeing those possible poses of something so private.  ( Chances of me actually doing something like that.. slim..lol  )
3. Think about it. Do you really need that pin? When I looked though my likes the other day I was amazed at how many pins I unliked.  Why did I like that? I couldn't remember why I clicked on that cute little heart. I get pinterest is a great place to like just about anything but things of importance like stain removal, birthday party ideas shouldn't be lost in an endless sea of likes( or pics of Ryan Gosling shirtless :)  )  . They should have their own board to call home.
pinterest2
Now to take my own advice ... I have to group similar pins into their own board and like only pins that are necessary . This will last about a week. hehe.
If you have any other tips please comment below.
ED92F6C6A339D0550F93702858B354E9
9AF58997A346EE8D653AA36DA14D210A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

my official list for YOP 3!

I am about a month and a half late but here is my list. I am calling it "get out of my queue Year of Projects" . its a long list but its categorized nicely :) items for me beaded bag maxi shrug windmill bag st. tropez butterfly sleeve top spiderweb skirt turtleneck shrug Jamie visor hat for Jon (the boyfriend) Mario granny square blanket shuffle slippers Christmas woolly toons stockings crochet cable stocking Christmas Stocking( hexagon and diamond) santa pet sweater snowman ring ornament Christmas slippers Halos of Hope NE caps favorite beanie for a lady envy shell stitch hat the lizzy hat brain waves beanie Crochet Hook Challenge Linked Headband ( D hook) Malou Scarf and Toddler princess crown ( E hook) infant bunny slippers (F hook) Santa Stocking (G hook) Diamond Hat (H hook) Granny Square Christmas Stocking (I hook) DROPS circle jacket (J hook)

YOP5 week 34

Motivation to finish my list is highly needed!! My hook challenge isn't doing too well. All those projects are holiday related and I've missed a few. Its silly to make Christmas items a few weeks before St, Patrick's day . But I did FINISH something thing week!! Guess how many skeins it took to finish this blanket? 

YOP year 5? Seriously?

I can't believe it's year 5 already....... this is my 3rd year participating. The last few days have been productive for me .I made a schedule for the next few months so I stay on track. I STARTED and  FINISHED the Zero lovey that was part of my hook challenge. It will be given to my cousin Ryder ( I really like that name ) due in October. I played with the pictures a little in editing. Its something different. ****** I got on the C2C bandwagon and started a few of my own. It is so addicting!! I love this!  I ran out of yarn for this one........ so I started this one. ( full skein not pictured)  ****** Also, I "dusted off" the Boston Bruin Blanket squares and started sewing them together. Its a bit tricking as you can see.... Why do I punish myself.. hehe my full project list can be found here .