Skip to main content

YOP5 week 5: I should be crocheting

Yes I should be crocheting instead of sitting at my computer. I have a big list that won't finish itself . This week I have been mainly working on my Lily Pond blanket. I just want to finish it so I can see what it looks like. This blanket is NOT on my YOP list. 
I've also been planning out my craft area. Its at the end of a hallway in our little apartment. It has 3 long shelves and cabinets on the left sides. (mostly filled with my MIL's stuff.) What I want to do is clean off the shelves ( i hate clutter) and organize my crochet and other craft stuff. 
My cat uses that area to eat. As you can see in the bottom left picture.  All my yarn is in one of the cabinets ( bottom left pic- with the bags) and I have a shoe rack on the side of the door for yarn I want to use in a project and my works in progress. 


I have moved most of the stuff at the end of the hallway , in the top pic, the block box and the vacuum that does not work. I cleaned off most off the second shelf and set up a few ideas I had. 

Thats a real lucky bamboo. The window is to the right , not pictured.


Next I will be moving the black bookcase to another wall so I have room for a chair and an ottoman. I was thinking about adding a desk but it would stick out too far from the wall because of the baseboard. And there are stairs that lead to the neighbors that can't be blocked. 
I need to get some wire hanging baskets for my balls of yarn so the canvas totes can be placed on the top shelf with other craft stuff in them . 


Crochet related: I made a Jack the skeleton hat but he needs to be put together. No progress on other hats :( As I said the Lily pond blanket has taken most of my time this past week. I hope to have a bunch done from my list this week. I want to learn to dye yarn :) seems fun :) 





Comments

  1. I hatee clutter too. I've picked up some clear plastic shoe boxes from the dollar store and have sorted my yarn into those. They're nice because they stack but you can still see what's in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like things to be organised, the problem I have is that I organise and then buy more yarn, which I then have to organise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to have a neat tidy clutter free craft area but oh boy how easy it is to get cluttered when your in the middle of ideas and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sweet little space you have for your crafting items. I have one small cabinet in the living room and then it's mainly boxes in our unfinished basement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting organized is a project unto itself. I organized a bit on Saturday, but have a ways to go to creating the whole crafting space I crave. It will be a long-term project for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!

Popular posts from this blog

my official list for YOP 3!

I am about a month and a half late but here is my list. I am calling it "get out of my queue Year of Projects" . its a long list but its categorized nicely :) items for me beaded bag maxi shrug windmill bag st. tropez butterfly sleeve top spiderweb skirt turtleneck shrug Jamie visor hat for Jon (the boyfriend) Mario granny square blanket shuffle slippers Christmas woolly toons stockings crochet cable stocking Christmas Stocking( hexagon and diamond) santa pet sweater snowman ring ornament Christmas slippers Halos of Hope NE caps favorite beanie for a lady envy shell stitch hat the lizzy hat brain waves beanie Crochet Hook Challenge Linked Headband ( D hook) Malou Scarf and Toddler princess crown ( E hook) infant bunny slippers (F hook) Santa Stocking (G hook) Diamond Hat (H hook) Granny Square Christmas Stocking (I hook) DROPS circle jacket (J hook)

YOP5 week 34

Motivation to finish my list is highly needed!! My hook challenge isn't doing too well. All those projects are holiday related and I've missed a few. Its silly to make Christmas items a few weeks before St, Patrick's day . But I did FINISH something thing week!! Guess how many skeins it took to finish this blanket? 

YOP year 5? Seriously?

I can't believe it's year 5 already....... this is my 3rd year participating. The last few days have been productive for me .I made a schedule for the next few months so I stay on track. I STARTED and  FINISHED the Zero lovey that was part of my hook challenge. It will be given to my cousin Ryder ( I really like that name ) due in October. I played with the pictures a little in editing. Its something different. ****** I got on the C2C bandwagon and started a few of my own. It is so addicting!! I love this!  I ran out of yarn for this one........ so I started this one. ( full skein not pictured)  ****** Also, I "dusted off" the Boston Bruin Blanket squares and started sewing them together. Its a bit tricking as you can see.... Why do I punish myself.. hehe my full project list can be found here .