Skip to main content

What did she just say?!?!

Its Throwback Thursday... I wanted to share a short story about my oldest cousin and I.

This post contains a bad word. But its just a word. :)

My oldest cousin is about 15 years older than me. When I was younger she and her sister use to babysit me. I don't remember but I survived :)  Once when my cousin was babysitting she asked me why I play with such an ugly doll ( cabbage patch kid- preemie ). She's fucked up. Bad Kathy. Shes always sworn like a sailer. And we love it..hehe. Well some time after this wonderful bonding , my grandmother asked why I wasn't playing with my doll that I loved so much... by the way I was 4 years old.  I looked at my grandmother and said flat out, " because shes fucked up"

Not exactly the one I had but same face. <3 

I wish I could remember the look on my grandmothers face when I said that. She wasn't a swearing type of person. I heard her say shit and son of a bitch a few times in my life.

But as I said we love Kathy and her potty mouth so from what I was told my grandmother was like "oh Kathy" after the shock of her favorite grandchild repeating what Kathy said wore off. Yes I looked up to my cousin. Shes awesome!

My mother on the other hand was a bit more upset. As she should be. Kathy couldn't swear in front of me.

I remember holiday dinners where Kathy was being Kathy and would swear when she told a story. And she'd look for me to see if I was in the room .  When I was in the room and a bad word slipped she's say " don't tell your mother".. I  would laugh it off and say ok. I had no idea why she wouldn't swear around me since I had no memory of that day when I was 4.

I don't know why it was such a big deal. As a teenager I remember my mother ( not as bad as Kathy) swearing and my brothers too. not much but they did.  I wasn't told this story until I was 17 , I think. It all became clear once my mom told be about the first time I swore. That definity DID NOT go in the baby book..hehe

Now at 35 , my favorite curse word is Shit..lol if I stub my toe or accidently hurt myself, the f word does slip out.

What are your views on curse words? How young were you or your child when they first said a bad word? what was it? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

my official list for YOP 3!

I am about a month and a half late but here is my list. I am calling it "get out of my queue Year of Projects" . its a long list but its categorized nicely :) items for me beaded bag maxi shrug windmill bag st. tropez butterfly sleeve top spiderweb skirt turtleneck shrug Jamie visor hat for Jon (the boyfriend) Mario granny square blanket shuffle slippers Christmas woolly toons stockings crochet cable stocking Christmas Stocking( hexagon and diamond) santa pet sweater snowman ring ornament Christmas slippers Halos of Hope NE caps favorite beanie for a lady envy shell stitch hat the lizzy hat brain waves beanie Crochet Hook Challenge Linked Headband ( D hook) Malou Scarf and Toddler princess crown ( E hook) infant bunny slippers (F hook) Santa Stocking (G hook) Diamond Hat (H hook) Granny Square Christmas Stocking (I hook) DROPS circle jacket (J hook)

YOP5 week 34

Motivation to finish my list is highly needed!! My hook challenge isn't doing too well. All those projects are holiday related and I've missed a few. Its silly to make Christmas items a few weeks before St, Patrick's day . But I did FINISH something thing week!! Guess how many skeins it took to finish this blanket? 

YOP year 5? Seriously?

I can't believe it's year 5 already....... this is my 3rd year participating. The last few days have been productive for me .I made a schedule for the next few months so I stay on track. I STARTED and  FINISHED the Zero lovey that was part of my hook challenge. It will be given to my cousin Ryder ( I really like that name ) due in October. I played with the pictures a little in editing. Its something different. ****** I got on the C2C bandwagon and started a few of my own. It is so addicting!! I love this!  I ran out of yarn for this one........ so I started this one. ( full skein not pictured)  ****** Also, I "dusted off" the Boston Bruin Blanket squares and started sewing them together. Its a bit tricking as you can see.... Why do I punish myself.. hehe my full project list can be found here .